Sunday, July 08, 2007

*23*



So today is my 23rd birthday :)
It's been a good day, really mellow. My sweet Mom treated Kevin and I to Chili's and Kevin got us a yummy ice cream cake...MAN was it rich!

Our friend Aaron is going to be here in a little bit and Katie's taking a nap. :) Good time to blog, I'm thinking! :)
Since I am all about trying to grow as an artist and trying new things, I joined a group called 52 weeks on Flickr. It's a fun concept, you take a self portrait every week for a year. I'm a little nervous about that, since I usually don't like pictures of me....but that's kind of the point. To make me take a challenge, do something different. : )
If you're on Flickr you should join in on the fun!

I also started my very first art journal, I've been wanting to do one of those for awhile now! :)
Fun stuff. :)

P.S. The top picture is my first entry for the 52 weeks group and the 2nd one is from my fun shopping trip yesterday! Can you tell I love shoes? Ha ha

:) Charin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!! It looks like you had a great day for sure!! I love those shoes!!And that flicker thing sounds fun for sure..

Anonymous said...

Well Happy Birthday to you! I hope you had a great time! Love all the shoes! Did you buy them all? Way to go on the Flickr challenge, I read about that! Love your first photo! So cute!
Good for you-expand your horizons and have confidence in yourself!!!!
Denise

Leah said...

Happy Birthday a few days late! :)

Very cute 1st self portrait. That should be a fun project!

Unknown said...

WOW, love your new shoes girl! I am JEALOUS! haha. and happy belated birthday! That pic of you is gorgeous! I saw that 52 weeks of self portraits thing on elsie's blog, and I so want to try it! Maybe I'll join with ya :) what is the link to your flicker??

Erika said...

Hi Charin,

I'm Brandi's cousin, and just wanted to say what a great blog you have! I really like your self-portrait - what a cute barrette you are wearing!

Your little girl is adorable, too. Very photogenic.

Well, I just wanted to let you know that I stopped by!

-Erika