


This has been a fun week with my Katie Shae :)
She has a new favorite toy, these wooden blocks. She is so much fun to watch with them, she's so delicate and careful stacking them! She can get them stacked about 10 high, all wobbly and leaning over :)
She has an obsession with an old hat of mine, she puts it on and wears it pretty much all day. :) She looks so cute and sassy wearing it! I don't have a picture of her wearing it yet...it's one of the golf style caps? I don't know the real name of them...can anyone help me out with that? But it's cute and girly, not something you would actually wear to play golf! :)
And the best new thing, she started walking today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I am so excited!
I wanted to share this picture, even though you can spy our messy living room floor...she was playing a lot today and made a big mess. :) Oh well!
She took her first step last night, and I was watching her do it but it didn't register for a second. I'm so used to seeing her cruise along our coffee table and stand on her own, I wasn't sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me.
She'll be 16 months old on the 4th, so she was a "late bloomer" in the walking department. She's really steady for just learning! She'll take about 7 steps or so and then drop down to crawl. She hasn't fallen yet, I hope she doesn't. But unfortunately I know that's part of raising a toddler. :)
Just wanted to share some new things about my precious girl!
Charin






3 comments:
Girl please.. don't worry about showing us the little mess in your living room. Mine looks much worse than that 90% of the time. The toys are out of control! LOL!
And yes, unfortunately falls are part of the process. It will amaze you how resilient they are though!
yay for her walking!! congrats on that!!
danijohnston.typepad.com/dj
Now if we could convince her that it's better to walk, even though she's figured out that crawling is ten times faster at the moment. :)
Post a Comment