Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Fall afternoons...




I love afternoons like this one :)
I got off work at 2, made a pot full of Taco Soup (my friend Candace gave me the recipe, she's an awesome cook!) and while it was simmering we took Katie outside to play "throw the ball" ;)


I also made this super simple card using Angie's tags. :) I have moved my scrap stuff into the dining room, to get the spare bedroom ready for little Colin :) And it's driving me nuts! I need to get it organized *badly*!

Anyway! ;) I wanted to share the recipe for the yummy taco soup, you should give it a try!

  • 1 - 1 1/2 lbs. of hamburger meat
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1 can of rotel or spiced tomatoes
  • 1 can of pinto beans
  • 1 can of kidney beans
  • 1 can of hominey
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 packet of dry chili or taco mix
  • 1 packet of dry ranch dressing mix

Cook hamburger meat and onion, salt to taste. Combine with all other ingredients in crock pot. Add desired amount of water to make more soup-like.

I hope the rest of your week is great! :)
Charin

7 comments:

Kevin said...

It was very tasty. :)

Angie Delarie said...

Sounds tasty!!!
Thanks for the little card >>
Its cute ...just spotted it
How is ur week going??

Erika said...

Thanks for the recipe - sounds good for fall!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card, thanks for the recipe, that sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

BTW, Love the name Colin!

dani said...

oooohhh recipe sounds good!
will definitely try it out!

and I love your new fall banner! :)

danijohnston.typepad.com/dj

Brandi Bee said...

yummy. I'm hungry now!