Sunday, August 17, 2008

Show some courtesy please!

Attention all Jehovah's Witnesses!
(no offense to any of my blog readers that may be Jehovah's Witnesses, but if you are please don't do what these people did today!)
If you have already been to my home and talked to my husband, who told you that we are NOT of these beliefs, do not feel the need to come back to talk to me about it.
And when you ring the doorbell 4 times, it probably means that we are either not home or not available. Please stop ringing the doorbell!
The first hint would be me coming out of the house looking like death (having been sick all day), in lounge clothes and no makeup.
The second hint would be me saying "I'm really sick and not up for company".
The third would be my daughter screaming from the inside of the house wanting me to come back in.
The fourth would be saying "I really need to go back inside and take care of my daughter."
Please show some courtesy and take No for NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so frustrated right now.
But I guess you could tell that :)
P.S. I finally just walked inside after they wouldn't quit talking, that is so unlike me! :)
Charin

13 comments:

Kevin said...

You go with your bad self! :D

dani said...

yeah, sometimes, people just take things tooooo far.
not cool man!
sorry you weren't feeling well either! :(

danijohnston.typepad.com/dj

Laurie said...

You go girl!!

I can't believe anyone would be rude enough to do that, especially when you've told them you are sick, and Katie is obviously needing you!
This is why so many people just slam a door in their face. O_o

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Angie Delarie said...

They do that all the time here as well charin >>
I have what i call my own religion and never preach to others as i find this rude myself >> And they still knock on ur door on a sunday > relax day and they dont ever want to leave!
So im defently feeling ya !
They are rude and maybe should wait for people to come to their place of worshipping than mine !!
Okay enough ..im getting worked up!
Love ya

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO .. glad to see I am not the only one that keeps it real on their blog .. love the post and I could not agree more that shyt is annoying when they just DONT GET IT ..

Unknown said...

ugh i so know how you feel, they used to come to my house all the time too, they are sooo persistant, it drives me crazy! I have nothing against their religion, but i dont wanna be one, and i know how they wont take no for no!!

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you for being annoyed. I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and I know that we are constantly counselled to always be polite, kind, and respectful. I don't know anyone who rings the bell more than twice. And if we see that someone is sick or busy, we are supposed to immediately go our way, and I think an apology was due to you!

Charin Adams said...

Thank you Pam! :)
That's how I feel exactly,
I don't see anything wrong with trying to witness about your faith. I do that too, just in different ways :)
But what these people did was really extreme.
It really bothered me, normally I *never* write anything like this on my blog..but I had to vent! :)

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I would have been frustrated too. Seriously, no means no, people!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel Charin :( Hugs to you!

Karen xo

Rhi said...

i would have done the same thing. definitely.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable girl, maybe you can put a now trespassing sign on your door and small letters write J.W.
Sorry you are still feeling sickly! Hope you get better soon!

amydc said...

The ones that frequent my street are persistant as well. They act like they can't understand & are confused by us saying that we are Christians & we are not interested.
We also won't take the 'watch tower' pamplet they try to give.
I don't mean to be ugly, but enough is enough.
Glad you're feeling better.