Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hi :)
I just wanted to do a quick post to explain my lack of blogging (I stillllll need to post Thanksgiving pictures!)
I haven't been feeling the best lately, still trying to get over this yucky cold. I'm going on five weeks of having that, yuck.

And last week we had a scare with Katie, she had climbed onto a kitchen chair and fell off before I could get to her...her gums were bleeding and she had a cut and knot on her head. :( I was so scared, we had been very fortunate in the past and she had never really even gotten a bruise before. We rushed her to the ER for them to check on her, and she is ok now...but that was miserable. :( My poor baby. The only thing she has left from that is a *huge* canker sore that she keeps accidentally hitting with her sippy cup. We'll be really glad when that heals! I'm just thankful that my baby girl is ok.

And then yesterday I called my Dr's office because I had been having Braxton Hicks contractions off and on all day at work. I just wanted them to mark it on my chart, I wasn't all that concerned about it. Anyway, they said that I needed to go to the hospital to have a non-stress test ran on the baby, so that of course made me nervous. :(
I was admitted to a room where they strapped me up to a fetal monitor and they poked my belly around making sure that Colin was being responsive. All of that looks good, his heart rate is good and he was moving around once I laid down.
But the not so great news is that I may be developing preeclampsia. I'm really hoping that I'm not because it is definitely way too soon for him to be born, and from what I hear if you do get it they put you on complete bed rest.
I'm going back to my Dr. this coming week for a follow up and I'm hoping for good news. :)
I'm just a little worried because I do have several of the symptoms, like dizziness and spotty vision off and on and severe back pain and really bad nausea (even when I'm taking my chemo anti-nausea medicine).
So anyway, just trying to take it easy and hoping for the best. ;)
If you read through all of that I'm impressed! :)
Charin

6 comments:

Erika said...

I read through it, Charin. Sorry to hear that you might have to go on bed rest. :( And poor little Katie Shea. Hope the doctor has good news for ya.

jenniferp said...

awww...
take care of yourself, that baby, and your precious baby girl!!!
-jp. :)
xoxox.

Bekka said...

I'll be keeping you and baby Colin in my prayers. Hugs to you!

Crystal said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Jessica had told me about your little Katie :( {how sad}.
We will be praying for you. Hope you're better soon and don't have to go on bed rest.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to here about Katie,but I am glad she is okay.
I hope everything turns out okay with you and your baby next week. Take care girl

Anne-Camille Collins said...

I feel for you with all you've got going on. Take it easy girl!