Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ribbon Rings, pages and Inspiration Journals :)












Hi everyone! :)
I just wanted to share a few things going on in my scrapbook world lately :)
Maggie mailed me some samples of the new Ribbon Rings to try out, they're a great option to store your ribbons wrinkle free! I'd have to get a *lot* more ribbon tags, I have a little bit of an obsession with ribbon. hehe :) But it looks like you can get 30 for $10, not bad at all!
I also wanted to share a few recent layouts, I have been holding onto that yellow and black American Crafts paper for a long time and finally used it! :) I love the poem in my journaling, it really is how I feel about my Katie Shae :)
And the second page is my new favorite, of Katie's first steps! Angie asked me to design another page for her, so much fun! :) I chose her cheeky monkey stamp, I think it's adorable and I know I'll be reaching for it for lots more pages. Thanks, Angie! :)

I also *finally* started an inspiration journal! :) I couldn't pass up that cute 3 ring binder at Wal*Mart...love the color and pattern! I have been in such a "purge" mode around my house lately, so my stacks of Creating Keepsakes magazines were the next thing to go. ;) I am pretty bad to hang onto things thinking "what if I want them later?" but I'm really trying to get over that. It makes things so much neater and simple! I'm really loving having this binder to fill with pages and articles from my favorite artists and ideas/color combinations...whatever is inspiring me at the moment. :) Sometime soon I want to print out some tutorials from blogs like this and this to stick in there too.

What are some of your favorite storage/organizing solutions? :) Have a great day!
Charin

9 comments:

Fauve Design said...

Owwwww i am in love with your first steps layout!!

TheresaK said...

Love that ribbon idea!! Your layouts are so pretty!!

Angie Delarie said...

Ohh sweetie that is sooo dame gorgeous !!!
Thanks soo much ..u rock!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Awesome layouts!!! And your journal finds are so cool!!! (I must be missing those everytime I'm out)

Veronica Milan said...

I love all the inspo on your blog!

dani said...

I've seen those ribbon rings and I keep thinking about them but man I just have soooo much ribbon and shoving them down in a box is sooo lazy, but man sooo easy! lol. One day when I have a nice little art room I will definitely be getting some though!

I have inspiration binders like that too!!! So much easier than digging through piles of magazines to find that one thing I liked!

Love that monkey stamp - so cool!

danijohnston.typepad.com/dj

Michelle said...

Lovely pages - and cute inspiration journal! I keep my inspo organized ins oem cute kawaii notebooks...and good ol scissors and gluesticks. =) Lovely!

Anonymous said...

:) Charin, I have all those same mag. layouts saved in my inspiration notebook!

Angela Christenson said...

I too have a binder that I keep torn out pages from mag. and other inspiring finds.

Love your Music you have playing on your blog. When I first opened up your blog and heard Wham I'm like OH YEAH!! Love the 80's. Oh the memories I have!!!

Anyways ..... This was a beautiful post.